Located in South Africa’s Safari hub of Hoedspruit, Safari Moon is the ideal retreat to base yourself as you discover the wonders of South Africa’s Lowveld region. The entrance to Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate is located in the centre of town, just a 20-minute drive from Hoedspruit airport. We are easily accessible by road from Johannesburg which is a scenic 5-6-hour drive. See directions below. Upon confirmation, guests will be asked to provide their contact details in which the owner will send the gate details prior to arrival.
Directions From Johannesburg:
We recommend driving via Dullstroom. The road to Lydenburg is barely a road anymore and it’s hazardous. The GPS coordinates might take you via this route, but it is not recommended.
- From Johannesburg/Pretoria Take the N12 or N4 highway to Witbank / Emalahleni.
- From Johannesburg airport, follow signs to Boksburg to find the N12.
- Drive past Emalahleni and Middleburg (This is the main route to Nelspruit and Maputo).
- After Middleburg, take the R33 Belfast turnoff from the N4 (where the Engen One Stop is)
- Turn left on the R33 and follow signs towards Belfast and Dullstroom.
- Go through the town of Belfast and then turn right on the R540 road towards Dullstroom.
- Dullstroom is the halfway mark between JHB and the lodge. This is a scenic place to stop, explore and have lunch.
- From Dullstroom you will head towards Lydenburg/Mashishing), which is roughly 50 km away.
- Continue on the R540 but look out for potholes.
- Once you get to Lydenburg (also referred to as Mashishing) junction, turn left onto the R36 and go through the town centre.
- The R36 is also called Viljoen street. Carry on straight and turn left on Buhrmann Street.
- At the Total garage, turn right onto De Clerq Street, which is also the R36.
- Continue straight on the R36 which becomes the R527.
- This road takes you past the town of Ohrigstad, over the Abel Erasmus pass, and through the Strijdom tunnel.
- It’s about 50 km from Lydenburg to Ohrigstad.
- After the tunnel, continue for another 40/50 km until you reach the town of Hoedspruit.
- There are 4 stops before you reach the railway bridge. After passing the bridge, turn right on the R40 to Klaserie/White River.
- At the 4 way stop, turn left on to Rotsvy Road and continue to the end until you get to the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate Gate (280m)
- Prior to arrival Nicola will send guests an access code to enter the estate.
- Once you have entered the estate, turn right onto Knoppiesdoring 4 min (1.6 km)
- Turn right onto Kierieklapper Street and continue on this road.
- Pass the first left turn and continue on following the road round around the corner which veers to the left, keeping on Kierieklapper.
- Continue on this road until you reach 372 Kierieklapper Street which will be on your right. (Look out for our leopard logo)
- You have arrived at Safari Moon Luxury Bush Lodge!
Map of Kruger Camps